- 15 December 2016 at 1502 #241751
The “what you would like to see changed to improve your experience with SWTOR Knights of the Eternal Throne” question from the survey I received didn’t give me nearly enough space, so I decided to type up everything here and include this link instead.
Galactic Command – I like that nearly everything you do in the game allows you to work towards max-level gear. I like getting rewards every time you level up. I love the reputation trophies in the crates. I do not like not being able to choose which gear drops in the crates. I would prefer it if the crates dropped the cosmetic gear, reputation trophies, companion gifts, and a currency that allowed me to purchase the max-level armor and weapons from vendors. I would also like it if I could sell all of the cosmetic gear on the GTN in addition to being able to deconstruct it for additional CXP. – EDIT: I’ve seen the changes discussed for Patch 5.1 and like the idea of the Command Tokens, but am not happy about having to combine them with items obtained exclusively through operations and PvP. I liked how you didn’t necessarily have to do operations and PvP to get the max-level gear (which is useful for the harder level modes of class stories, FPs, and Uprisings, not just operations and PvP).
Companions – I would like companion influence to be shared legacy-wide so you don’t have to level up the influence of each companion more than once. This would make it easier to level additional characters through KotFE and KotET. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/forums/topic/share-companion-influence-across-characters/
Strongholds – I would like the maximum decoration limits for guild ships to be increased to 1,200. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/forums/topic/increase-guild-ship-decoration-limit/. I would like more NPC decorations, particularly like those you see in the background throughout the game. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/forums/topic/more-ship-npcs/
Outfit Designer – I would like weapons added to Outfit Designer with the sound coming from the equipped weapon, but the visuals coming from the activated tab. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/forums/topic/weapons-in-outfit-designer/.
Dyes – I would like the dye system revamped or at the very least a large increase in the number of primary and secondary dye modules available. http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/forums/topic/dyes/
- 28 December 2016 at 0630 #243885
* Galactic Command level should be legacy wide. A new toon that I level to 70 shouldn’t start at level 1 but at whatever level I am at that point. This was one of the main reasons why I decided to unsub. I’m an altoholic and I… just… can’t… do this… 300 levels of Galactic Command… on all my… 18 toons… over… and over. No freakin’ way.
* I was able to forgive Bioware for the lack of a new daily area in 4.0, because the reworked heroics kept me busy. For a while. But 5.0 should have had a new daily area (at least one) because I did all the heroics as dailies for the last year and they’re nothing but boring right now. When advertising KotET they said “Two new planets” whereas it was just two new instanced areas. Iokath for example could have been a very nice planet for dailies. With a new weekly world boss too maybe? Pretty much just copy/paste Ziost to Iokath or Nathema.
* Uprisings are okay. No suggestions there.
* I’m not doing any ops for at least two years now but considering this is an MMO, and MMOs are meant to be played together with other people, there had to be at least one new operation.
* New character creation options. For all races. New faces, new hairs, new colors for hairs and eyes, new everything… tons of… not just a few.
* Weapons should be added to the outfit designer as you said.
* Things I cannot think of right now. A whole new expansion came and ONLY three days later I was like “Okay, what now?”. That’s not right. It was all too shallow.
- 28 December 2016 at 1359 #243894
Well, I didn’t get a survey because I unsubbed about half an year ago but here’s what I think is wrong with 5.0:
Right off the bat, Galactic Command. If you look at it as an individual system, it’s alright, even if it’s basically a copy of the cartel packs where the currency is the time invested in the game. I have no idea what solo players are going to do with BiS gear and I was initially agaist it, but I’ve outlived that – if they need endgame gear to face the skytrooper hordes, who am I to say no? Anyway, that was out of topic, but my main point is that GC on it’s own is not that bad. Replacing the current gearing system with it however… First of all, the grind you have to do just to be able to have a shot at very old content, which any proper progression raider has done a dozen times on each of his alts by now, is ridiculous. Second, this whole thing is not legacy-wide. I believe I don’t have to explain why this is bad. IMO they should have added this as an addition to the old token system, an incentive for new players to try the different types of group content, perhaps have starter level 70 warzone bracket where they can’t get roflstomped by premades and something like this for operations, even though the SM versions have been nerfed hard in terms of tactics, but still. If you haven’t done it, you don’t know how it works. Adding tokens in the packs and returning them back in ops is a step in the direction, sort of, but now the system is more complicated than before.
Right, so we got my biggest issue with 5.0 out of the way. The second thing is the lack of group content. From what I’ve seen so far of those uprisings, they’re heroics put in the group finder. And I’m done with grinding stuff that’s mindnumbing hack’n’slash. Again, on their own, they aren’t bad – they’re fast, packed with action and don’t require much brain processing. But that’s the only new group content since the Star Fortresses, which were quite bad too. I mean, does the story require that much of designing and programming that they can’t spend some resources on new operations (that’s a rhetorical question, don’t answer it)?
The third thing I have a problem with is the direction the story is going. Well, it’s more of a rant really because it’s obvious they are not going to do a thing about it. I’m quite unhappy that they chose to ditch class stories through the airlock. Haven’t played the KotET story yet, but KotFE didn’t really leave a good taste in my mouth, especially when I played it with my main, a vanguard. During the chapter in the woods with you-know-who, I was thinking through the whole time “What am I doing here?”.
That’s my top three list of What’s wrong with TOR currently. The other stuff like the lack of story for returning companions and customization of the new ones, the dye system, the inbalance in all 3 pvp brackets and the huge mess that is group finder (you just can’t have HM Black Talon and HM The Esseles in the same bracket with Blood Hunt HM), well, that’s QoL stuff in Bio’s books I guess.
- 29 December 2016 at 0546 #243912
Oh, a few things I forgot in my first post:
Why did they raise the level cap to 70? To do Eternal Vault? To do Uprisings? To grind Heroics? Seriously, why? Is there a rule saying each xpac should raise the level cap by 5?
As many people said on many different platforms, the whole KotFE and KotET stories make sense if your character is a Force-Sensetive. But what if not?
Why-o-why Arcann doesn’t break your Agent’s neck the moment he sees him? Seriously, why?
Why can’t Vaylin simply Force Choke your Trooper and be done with him? Just doesn’t make any sense!!
Even Lana can Force Lightning your Smuggler and become the Empress if she wants to! And there isn’t really much your Smuggler can do about it.
Luke can defeat Darth Vader. Han Solo just can’t. You know what I mean?
- 11 January 2017 at 0803 #245694
Yeah, I feel you, IMO I don’t think I’m gonna put another non-force sensitive through the story besides my trooper. It’s the same story all over again anyway. At least they can’t take my headcanon away.